Spring's officially here and it's been business as usual at the Near & Dear Gift Collection! Here's a look at what's been going on with the shop, including some new products, and a few behind the scenes photos and notes on my design studio makeover:
- stocking up on packaging materials and frames - the spring rush is just around the corner!
- A lot of customers have been ordering signature mats for alternative guest books! Looks like this trend is still in full swing for weddings.
- New to the shop: Travel History Maps for Honeymoons and Anniversaries
Around the Studio
- Painted the rooms upstairs. We're moving the studio from the basement and I absolutely cannot wait to work with way more window light! We went with Sherwin Williams Comfort Gray and I'm so happy with it as the light changes throughout the day. It always stays soothing and soft.
- Purchased a brand new desk to fit the studio space.
- Figured out a printer stand solution. My printers are close to 5 feet in length when side-by-side so we ended up using a buffet stand that was passed down to us from my husband's grandmother. It's been in his family for 30+ years, so it has meaning AND plenty of flat file storage for all my different paper sizes and inks.
So that's the bulk of March. Mother's Day is around the corner, and in Etsy world, you have to get those orders in quick if you're shopping custom/personalized designs. My newsletter subscribers got a heads up about changing shipping rates so they could put orders in before some of the rates went up. There's only a few changes, but they will happen on April 1st. Here's a run down of what to expect:
11x14 flat envelopes + $0.85
- 11x14 prints
- matted 8x10 prints
16x20 flat envelopes + $1.40
- 16x20 prints
- matted 11x14 prints
- signature mats with 8x10 prints
International (all shipments) + $2.15
Good news! 8x10 flat prints and all framed orders do not change.
Make sure you sign up for the newsletter to be the first to know about any changes in the shop, new products, and special announcements!